We love us some potatoes in this house! We literally eat them daily. They are filling, nutrient-dense and such a simple staple to have in the kitchen. Potatoes are also so versatile, so you can combine them with almost anything you like and create a meal that works for you and your family.
I love using different types of potatoes to keep things interesting and exciting in the kitchen. This particular recipe calls for sweet potatoes and creating a “toast” like concept. I’ve also added my favourite oil free hummus and topped them off with some fresh veggies to make the sweet potato slider come to life! What's your favourite way to eat sweet potatoes?!
The recipe is 100% plant-based, and whether or not you subscribe to a plant-based diet, these sliders make a perfect lunch or dinner option!
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes sliced - Half cucumber sliced - 1 tomato - Handful of sprouts - Hummus - 1 can organic chickpeas - 2 tsp of raw or creamy tahini - Juice of 1 lemon - 6 tsp of filtered water - 1-2 cloves of garlic
1. Slice sweet potatoes, 1 inch works well!
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Bake sliced sweet potatoes at 400 for 20 minutes or until crispy.
4. Add all hummus ingredients to food processor and blitz on high for 3 minutes (until creamy).
5. Top sweet potatoes with hummus and veggies of choice; my favourites are cucumber, tomato and sprouts.