The perfect cookie is my idea of life’s simple pleasures, and this recipe is just that - SIMPLE. I’ll take this five-ingredient, 100% plant-based, gluten/grain free cookie everyday please!
This recipe makes 6 cookies.
- 3 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup of creamy tahini
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup + 4 tsp if you prefer a sweeter cookie
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 flax “eggs”
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of vegan chocolate chips, the cookies taste incredible without them as well... that’s if chocolate isn’t your thing!
1. In a bowl add tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and almond flour together.
2. Add 2 tsp of flaxmeal with 5 tsp of filtered water, let sit till egg like consistency sets in.
3. Add flax “eggs” to other ingredients and fold in chocolate chips.
4. Form dough into cookies!
5. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until cookies are golden.
The secret is to “under bake” them. You want a gooey center and slightly crispy outside!