There is nothing better than a healthy cookie that doesn’t compromise on taste! I’m a sucker for thumbprint cookies, and these are as tasty as they are healthy! They only require 5 ingredients and they are perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients For Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (I make my own)
Optional: vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract, seasame seeds, sea salt
Ingredients For Filling:
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp chias
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Method for Filling:
1. Add raspberries to a pot over medium heat, as them melt down lightly press with fork to make a jam like consistency.
2. As the raspberries turn into a more liquid like texture, add chia seeds and remove from heat.
3. Mix chia seeds and maple syrup well into the raspberries and let sit for 10 minutes.
Method for Cookies:
1. Mix wet and dry ingredients into separate bowls.
2. Combine all ingredients into one bowl and mix together well (may need to use your hands to kneed the dough)
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Take a spoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
5. Mold “thumbprint shapes” into each ball using your thumb.
6. Fill with raspberry filling.
7. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool before eating and enjoy!